Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sacrifice of Abraham(NABI IBRAHIM)

99. He said: “I will go to my Lord! He will surely guide me
100. “O my Lord! Grant me a righteous (son)!”
101. So We gave him the good news of a forbearing son.
102. Then, when (the son) reached (the age of) (serious) work with him, he said: “O my son! I have seen in a vision that I offer thee in sacrifice: now see what is thy view!” (The son)said: “O my father! Do as thou art commanded: thou will find me, if Allah so wills, one of the steadfast!”
103. So when they had both submitted (to Allah), and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead (for sacrifice),104. We called out to him “O Abraham! …
105. “Thou hast already fulfilled the vision!” - thus indeed do We reward those who do right.
It is well known to Muslims, Christians and Jews that Abraham(P) was ordered to sacrifice his son and he was willing to do so but God gave him a sheep to sacrifice instead of his cherished progeny. So far, everybody agrees. However, Jews and Christians say that the sacrificed was Isaac(P) -”Abraham’s only son”, whereas according to the Islamic tradition the sacrificed is Ishmael(P). The opposition between the two versions has not bothered any side that much because in the common mind “what we think is certainly right and those who think differently are necessarily wrong” (The Sacrifice of Abraham)
So, we bathe our soil with the blood of our sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment